2019 UHAA Scholarship Application
The United Hmong American Association (UHAA) Scholarship is a local scholarship established to assist Hmong high school graduates in their pursuit of higher education and also to support current college students in their continuous pursuit of higher education. The purpose of this scholarship is to contribute to the academic development of Hmong youth. Our mission is to empower any Hmong youth to become a successful, contributing member of their community.
Five (5) $500 scholarships will be awarded to five high school graduates and five (5) $500 scholarships will be awarded to five college students. Selected candidate will receive a one time payment of $500 to be used towards the cost of room, board or school related expenses.
The criteria for eligibility includes:
- Must be a resident of Wisconsin.
- Must be Hmong.
- At the time of application:
- Must be a graduating high school senior already accepted as a student to a technical school, university or private college.
- Must be a current college student enrolled in an accredited Wisconsin technical college, college/university or private university/college.
- Immediate relatives (parents, brothers/sisters) must not be part of the current UHAA board member.
Required Documents to be Submitted with Application for Validation:
- HS Student: A copy of a letter of acceptance.
- College Student: A copy of college registrar or proof of enrollment (unofficial transcript).
The selection committee will evaluate all applicants based on their academic achievements, extra-curricular achievement, leadership achievement, letters of recommendation, and essay responses. The scholarship deadline is February 21, 2020 – 11:59 PM CT. All scholarship recipients are required to attend the UHAA Banquet on Saturday, April 18, 2020 in order to receive award. Application materials will not be returned to the applicant once submitted.
SPECIAL NOTE: If a student has been accepted to the University of Wisconsin – Madison, will be a first year student, and lives in Winnebago, Outagamie, Calumet and Shawano counties, they are highly encouraged to also apply for the UW Madison Alumni Fox Valley Chapter through UW-Madison. This will be a $2k scholarship and will be selected from recipients applying through UHAA. Students may apply to both if requirements are met. Please notify UHAA if application was also submitted to UW-M.
How to apply? Please click on the appropriate button below.