UHAA 2021-2022 SCHOLARSHIPS
The United Hmong American Association (UHAA) Scholarship is a local scholarship established to assist Hmong students in their initial pursuit or continuous pursuit of higher education. The purpose of this scholarship is to contribute to the academic development of Hmong youth. Our vision is to empower any Hmong youth to become a successful, contributing member of their community.
Five (5) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to five high school graduates, five (5) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to five undergraduate students and one (1) $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a graduate student. Selected candidates will receive a one time payment of $1,000 to be used towards the cost of room, board or school related expenses.
The criteria for eligibility includes:
- Must be a resident of Wisconsin.
- Must be Hmong or of Hmong descent (at least one parent must be Hmong)
- At the time of application:
- Must be a graduating high school senior already accepted as a student to a technical school, university or private college.
- Must be a current undergraduate college student enrolled as a freshman, sophomore, or junior in an accredited Wisconsin technical college, college/university or private university/college.
- Must be a graduating undergraduate student already accepted to a graduate program (master, doctorate or philosophy of doctorate) or a continuing graduate student enrolled in an accredited public or private college/university.
Required Documents to be Submitted with Application for Validation:
- HS Student: A copy of a letter of acceptance.
- Undergraduate Student: A copy of college registrar or proof of enrollment (unofficial transcript only required for application, if selected official transcript will be required).
- Graduate Student: An official transcript of completion of an undergraduate degree and a copy of a letter of acceptance to a graduate program or a copy of college registrar showing proof of enrollment in a graduate program.
The application deadline is February 21, 2022 – 11:59 PM CT. Recipients will be notified by March 11, 2022. All scholarship recipients are required to attend the UHAA Banquet on Saturday, April 16, 2022 in order to receive the award. The Banquet date may change based on the status of the pandemic.
How to apply:
Please fill out the online application at www.uhaa.org. Please be sure to upload all of the necessary documents. Application materials will not be returned to the applicant once submitted.
OUR 2021-22 SPONSORS
How to apply? Please click on the appropriate button below.